Jean, 12 years old

Jean, 12 years old

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A Piece of His Adoption Story

Adoption is expensive. International adoption, even more so. This adoption will end up costing around $40,000. We are hoping to raise $15,000 of that through fundraising. The other $25,000 we are fortunately able to cover through Tom's bonus earlier this year and me teaching some extra cooking classes.

We are super excited about this PUZZLE FUNDRAISER! Here's how it works:

I had a 500 piece puzzle made from this design I came up with. We are "selling" each piece for $20. When you donate through our AdoptTogether profile (tax deductible!), we take however many puzzle pieces your donation represents and write your name on the back of the pieces. Once the puzzle pieces have all been sold, we will frame the puzzle with glass on the front and back and it will hang in Jean's room. 

I know Jean is going to love looking at all the names of all those who were a piece of his adoption story, helping to bring him home to his forever family!


You can choose to buy 1, 2, 5, 10, or however many pieces you like. When you make your tax-deductible donation, please put a note for how you would like your name to read (i.e. "Jane Smith" or "The Miller Family"). If you donate anonymously online, but would like to have your name on the puzzle, please email or message me. If you prefer to send a check, let me know and I'll give you our address.

Those who have already donated already have their names on the back of the puzzle! I will post pictures every few days to show the progress.

Here's what we have so far:



I goofed up and wrote one person's name upside-down (sorry Margot!) Thanks in advance for all your help and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. This has got to be one of the most creative and beautiful fundraising ideas I've ever heard. And that he'll be able to see how many people love him and worked to bring him to his family...

    Oh my goodness, I'm tearing up just thinking about this. Definitely going to help this young man come home. All my love.

    And yes, thank YOU for letting us be part of his story! God bless all of you. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete